In this class, we dive into the fundamentals of insulin sensitivity, how exercise contributes to it and how to strategically approach workouts.
Lesson 1: What is Insulin Sensitivity?
- How insulin works at the cellular level
- What we can do to support that absorption, or increase the body’s sensitivity to insulin
- Why higher insulin sensitivity is helpful
Lesson 2: Common Misconceptions
- When and why insulin sensitivity relates to exercise (and how it doesn’t!)
- Common misconceptions that may be affecting your insulin sensitivity and exercise strategy
Lesson 3: Training with Insulin Sensitivity in Mind
- How to use exercise to help you increase both your immediate and long-term insulin sensitivity
- What types of exercise best support increased insulin sensitivity
- How rest and recovery play a role in blood sugar management