Acceptance of T1D is an important part of mental and emotional health. This class guides you through 4 different phases of acceptance to help you feel more connected to your diabetes. You will learn to meet yourself where you are in this moment, lean into the grief and shame that often come with diabetes, discover ownership of your health, and integrate diabetes into your life sustainably.
Lesson 1: Acknowledge Where You Are
- How living in survival mode is not the same as accepting T1D.
- Why it’s so important to meet yourself where you are on your journey and how to do so.
- LB’s method for changing thoughts, feelings, and actions. Spoiler alert: they’re are all related!
Lesson 2: Stages of Grief and Shame
- How grief and shame show up in diabetes.
- Why it’s important to work through stages of grief when processing a T1D diagnosis.
- Strategies for overcoming grief and shame so that you can better manage your T1D in your day to day.
Lesson 3: You and Your Ownership
- Uncover what it means for you to take ownership of your diabetes.
- Understand how acceptance will propel you forward.
- Learn LB’s 4 keys for taking ownership of your T1D.