Starting with a strong foundation is the only way to keep growing and building higher. This series was designed for those who are newly diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and those who are looking to enhance their foundational knowledge of T1D basics. From mindset and acceptance, to understanding insulin, and recognizing your blood sugar patterns, together the classes in this series build the groundwork for T1D success. Consider this collection of classes a great starting point as you explore all of our educational resources.
Classes inside this series:
Becoming One with Diabetes
- How to acknowledge where you are in your relationship with diabetes
- How to work through the stages of grief and shame and why it’s normal to work on acceptance
- What you can do to step into your ownership and how that will propel you forward.
Unlocking and Optimizing the Power of Insulin
- How to optimize basal rates + long acting insulin
- What you need to know about types + timing of insulin
- How to feel empowered about choosing your mode of insulin therapy and making adjustments for your body
Identifying the Patterns of Your Unique Body
- How to build awareness around your body’s patterns
- How to successfully make changes based on your observations
- What a coach looks for when examining a logbook